DealerOn is a young and fast-growing full service online marketing company that provides websites to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We are leading our market by providing car dealers with the best online marketing arsenal and access to skilled content specialists to optimize their digital presence. DealerOn is a PROFITABLE company that has been named to the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies 6 years in a row and counting. We recently passed the 200 employee mark, but throughout our growth, have still managed to maintain the tight knit company culture that helped to get us where we are today. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable. To learn more, please visit: www.dealeron.com
The HR Assistant is responsible for assisting with a broad range of HR administrative tasks, planning and attending company events/activities and general office maintenance. This position acts as a liaison between employees and management and is key to the success of daily business operations and supporting company culture. This is an entry-level position located in our Headquarters office (Rockville, MD).
- Research, plan and execute all company-wide employee events that excite employees and align with company culture while taking into account HR/business/budget for all offices. Follow-up to analyze company events by creating and sending surveys.
- Create and maintain internal communication to employees including working with our marketing department to plan and issue a monthly HR newsletter.
- Assist executive-level staff with administrative duties as needed such as expense reporting and travel booking inquiries.
- Perform employee service functions by answering day-to-day employee questions and fulfilling requests.
- Responsible for providing arrangements for office meetings including scheduling meeting space and coordinating lunch orders.
- Ensure new-hire process moves smoothly from recruiting to onboarding to new hire orientation, including adding employee information into Paylocity (HRIS system), completing I-9 process and making sure new hires have everything they need on their first day.
- Keep the HR system and employee records up to date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion. Handle sensitive employee information with the utmost confidentiality and discretion.
- Manages the reception area and kitchens in all suites to maintain safe environment and professional image, including inventory, fridge clean out and daily maintenance of supplies.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company policy and budget.
- Participates as needed in other department tasks and projects.
- At least one year of previous job-related experience
- High school graduate
- Excellent attention to detail, especially with communication (written and verbal) and meeting deadlines
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Self-confidence and respect for other people
- Interest in company culture
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize tasks that change frequently and manage unexpected demands.
- Dependable, follows instructions and takes initiative to solve problems.
- Interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Previous knowledge and experience booking travel, specifically through Concur.
- Experience using software such as Survey Monkey and MailChimp.
- Experience in a fast-paced, environment. Start-up environment experience a plus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Use of Technology.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
All applicants must include a cover letter stating why you feel you would be a good fit for DealerOn as well as a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.