DealerOn is a young and fast-growing full service online marketing company that provides websites to automotive dealerships across North America and Canada. We are leading our market by providing car dealers with the best online marketing arsenal and access to skilled content specialists to optimize their digital presence. DealerOn is a PROFITABLE company that has been named to the Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies 6 years in a row and counting. We recently passed the 200 employee mark, but throughout our growth, have still managed to maintain the tight knit company culture that helped to get us where we are today. Technology is front and center in our company, but it's the people here who are the core of our business. We pride ourselves on making coming to work not only challenging, but also enjoyable. To learn more, please visit: www.dealeron.com
Why you should join DealerOn
With rapid growth comes a rapid increase in the volume of projects that are coming across the technical teams’ desks daily. We have a wide variety of technical tasks ranging from small projects and improvements to full scale architecture redesigns, and everything in between.
This is a great place to learn and grow because our technology and company are extremely unique. We are actively driven by requirements of our customers and by our own desire to develop a sustainable solution that will scale as DealerOn grows and position us as a top industry leader.
- Be an active and proactive contributor to the team. This is a demanding and challenging position and will require a self-starter and motivated individual.
- Maintenance of SQL server and NoSQL database platforms in development, QA, and production environments
- Test backup strategies and implement database recovery techniques when required
- Responsible for participating in disaster recovery, planning and exercises
- Manage database storage and capacity planning
- Monitor database system performance and suggest optimizations as needed
- Manage and audit user access to DEV, QA and PROD database platforms
- Actively participate in designing and creating scalable data architecture
- Support development staff by advising in data design, optimization, and tuning data access queries for maximum performance
- Assist in support for resolving system malfunctions
- 2+ years of production DBA experience including development, test and production database environments
- Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Experience with NoSQL databases from design to deployment to production, specifically with one or more of the following: Redis, RIAK, ElasticSearch, Big Query
- Expertise in core operational DBA functions including: database migration, database clustering, and database security
- Expertise in performance tuning, database security configuration, and database continuity in both SQL and NoSQL platforms
- Proficient in creating and scheduling jobs, alerts, activity logs, error logs to capture any possible errors
- Thorough knowledge of modifying database structures including tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, user-defined functions, as well ask disk configuration and storage allocation to support application enhancements
- Proficiency in optimizing complex queries for data retrieval and modification
- Experience in DBCC consistency checks and fixing data corruption in application databases
- Experience working with development and operations teams
- Thorough understanding of best practices for database maintenance, including index and file management, backups, failure recovery, database defragmentation, documentation. Ability to analyze disk space requirements and hardware utilization, automate error notification
- General understanding of storage technologies (Disk storage, SAN, SSD, RAID/Striping) and networking (Ethernet, switching, IP, and routing)
- Proven ability to work with large (20 GB+ in size) databases: includes knowledge of partitioned data storage, techniques for optimal loading of large data sets, and how large data volume affects replication in SQL Server environment
Why choose DealerOn?
- A fantastic place to learn. In light of record growth, a fantastic place to grow.
- A top-down and bottom-up desire to use the best tools for the job
- Highly competitive benefits package, including 401k plan with company match
- Top of the line built computers, dual monitors, and high-end accessories
- When you need to give your brain a break we have Ping Pong, Darts, an Arcade, Xbox360, 4k TV, WII and a Pool Table available.
Note to Applicants:
- Preference will be given to Applicants that include a cover letter explaining their interest and fit with the company and position.
- All Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship.
- Local Candidates Only. Or indicate that No Relocation Assistance is Necessary.
Note to Agencies and Staffing Firms:
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Do Not contact us with unsolicited services, offers or resumes. Thanks.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.